ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

Go Back   ThePoultrySite Discussion Forum > Poultry Health and Welfare
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread February 20th, 2012, 16:01

hi moo it's very hard not to bring something home................i haven't managed it yet i'd love to have different breeds but after what i went through with the mareks i'm weary, i must say it's truly wonderful to look out and see my 'flock' of batties pottering about, i promise to resist in future, i'm back to the lucky 13 club and it suits me and my garden.
sorry to hear about your mums collie toula, it was very like that with jess, she forgot how to eat and drink for herself, she sort of nodded into the water bowl instead of lapping, the vet said as even though i'd been hand feeding her the fact she was still loosing weight that it was likely everything was shutting down, she started to get a bit disorientated too, trying to go to the loo in a bowl by the telly, that wasn't jess, she was soooooo clean! the dogs miss her, lola goes upstairs whenever she can and has a look in billys room for her, her favorite place, she was the perfect cat, only ever caught one bird and gave it to me live! but one hell of a ratter! she mothered jim from the start, always making sure his eyes and ears were clean, she also passed on her keen ratting knowledge by bringing live ones in the house and dropping them infront of him he took a while to catch on and we spent one night with one up the back of the cooker! glad to say he dispatched it the next day.
sorry hon went off on one then, i miss her, will get some pics off to you soon as i've got past my problem, they send their lovexx
30+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fi xxx

Last edited by battwoman : February 20th, 2012 at 18:37.
Unread February 20th, 2012, 18:35

re your message lin, does that mean cute and cuddley ducklings soon
fi xxx

Last edited by battwoman : February 20th, 2012 at 18:39.
Unread February 20th, 2012, 18:51

Hi Fi, missed your sense of humour, welcome back. Was sorry to see that your NNs didn't make it and the decision to help Jess must be heart breaking. I had to make the same decision for my cat who I had rescued as a stray kitten in Bangkok when I was 16. I was married with 3 children (she travelled the world with me!) when I had to call the vet. I know how you feel xx

Wish my cats were good ratters like Jess..... but they are 16 now (which worries me so much) and sleep more. They do like mice though. Cant blame them, the rat I saw was huge!!!

So welcome back Fi, missed you. There's not much to say to comfort you, if she hadn't been so special you would not be hurting so much. With love comes so much pain xx
Unread February 20th, 2012, 18:59

thanks jules, the last couple of years she like your cats left the big guys alone, had to resort to humane traps (they learnt to spring the other kind!) and head of dispatches jim
you don't realise till they're gone just how big a part of the family they are
how are you and yours?
fi xxx

Last edited by battwoman : February 20th, 2012 at 22:21.
Unread February 20th, 2012, 19:51

Welcome back Fi, you have been so missed. So sorry about all your heartache, that takes a while to get over. That's the worst thing about animals, they have a habit of weaving their way into your heart and then when they go they break it . A lot of ours are getting old now and they will all be going one after another. I'm so glad your getting so much pleasure from your little batties.

Love Sharon xx
Unread February 20th, 2012, 20:34

thanks sharon, no matter how down i feel the batties and dogs bring endless smiles
fi xxx
Unread February 20th, 2012, 23:17

No Fi x no babies as I am not sure who is laying the duck eggs and only ever seen Mole on Sue !!! Could always give it a try lol
Lin x x
Unread February 22nd, 2012, 12:18

Hi Fi, Children good. Daughter now well on the mend from glandular fever! She loves Venice, lucky girl!

Jess, horribly swollen now, Belle following suit. Isabelle very skinny, being wormed. Madge wouldnt go to bed last night and we couldnt catch her.... she turned up this morning (a Twin, she is so skittish). Babies all gorgeous.

Rats.......
xx
Unread February 22nd, 2012, 20:34

FI xx I'VE MISSED YOU !!!! xx
Thank You sweetie for you message and i've written them all down hun and will probably be using them very soon .....loads going on here at the moment with hubby, kids , chooks , ducks and dogs sometime i don't quite know which way to go first !!! lol xx

Hubby doing ok and starting his chemo very soon they've just got to decide weather their going to op on his other lung first then all systems go ... just hope it doesn't make him feel to poorly , bless him x

Lost big Momma the other week during the frosts not sure what had happened she was fine in the morning but we had been again at the hosp most of the day and she had passed before i had gotten home that's 4 i've lost in the last month !! x

2 of my Ducks have started laying which is wonderful but i'm not very successful with the old baking lark yet... but hey never mind me and the kids have had fun making a mess whilst trying !! lol xx

Glad to your OK Hun x loads of love to ya x
faye x
Unread February 23rd, 2012, 08:49

oh no not big momma too! tough times for you honey, sending you a big hug, keep strong, you know where i am
fi xxx