OIE: Further H5N1 Outbreaks Reported by Viet Nam08 August 2012
VIET NAM - Six further cases of highly pathogenic avian influenza virus H5N1 have been reported to the OIE.
The six outbreaks occured between the 16 and 27 of July.
In total, 7,004 birds were involved. The outbreak led to 5,446 cases, and resulted in 29,753 birds being destroyed.
The outbreaks occured in the following regions:
- Thach Hoi, Thach Ha, HA TINH
- Cam Thach, Cam Xuyen, HA TINH
- Thach Tan, Thach Ha, HA TINH
- Thach Thang, Thach Ha, HA TINH
- An Thai, An Lao, Hai Phong
- Cam Quan, Cam Xuyen, HA TINH
The cause of the outbreak is still unknown.
Further ReadingYou can visit the Avian Flu page by clicking here.
ThePoultrySite News Desk