Multifan V-FloFan: Vertical Ventilation for Poultry Houses27 August 2013
NETHERLANDS - In modern poultry houses ventilation plays a vital role. Through vertical recirculation of air, the heat distribution in the poultry house is optimised, which significantly reduces heating costs.
With the V-FloFan, Vostermans Ventilation offers the grower the possibility to obtain high energy savings, while improving the uniformity of the flock and creating dry litter.
The air is moved from the top of the building by an efficient fan with an aerodynamic shield towards the lower part of the building.
The vertical flow fan is equipped with a specially designed hood. Depending on the type of flock, the height of the hood can be adapted.
At the animal level the air speed is reduced to a minimum, not disturbing the micro climate of the young poultry flock.
The birds are more evenly spread throughout the house. As the broilers, turkeys, layers and breeders get older, the recirculation V-FloFan is part of the total ventilation concept and enhances a uniform climate.
The Multifan V-FloFan withstands the harsh conditions in the poultry houses and is guaranteed for three years.
The speed of the fans can be controlled by frequency controllers, reducing energy consumption further.
Characteristics of innovation of the V-FloFan:
- an axial fan, designed for efficient ventilation, is equipped with an aerodynamic hood to guide the airflow
- air is distributed vertically, removing the heat from the top of the building
- the height of the hood is adaptable
- designed in co-operation with the Agricultural University of Wageningen.
Advantages of the V-FloFan:
- reduced heating costs
- low air-speed at animal level
- uniform air distribution throughout the house for a higher uniformity
- lower humidity of the litter
- adaptable for different kind of birds (broilers, turkey, layers, etc) and ages.
|ThePoultrySite News Desk|