Hubbard Focuses on “Less Feed, More Meat”16 May 2014
EUROPE - Hubbard’s product range embraces the ‘Natural Concept’ of Groupe Grimaud, of which Hubbard has become part of in 2005, with the aim to produce in a more sustainable fashion.
Therefore, Hubbard preserves a large gene pool offering more flexibility for innovative solutions to an industry facing more and more constraints being imposed to them, including:
- increased feed prices
- animal welfare regulations
- increased segmentation of the markets, and
- reduction/shortage in production surface.
'Less Feed, More Meat'
Hubbard’s focus on 'Less Feed, More Meat' outlines the way Hubbard develops and implements best practices in the genetic selection and production of animal protein to feed a growing world population in a sustainable way.
Feed costs represent over 70 per cent of live production costs of a broiler, the highest levels in history and will remain to be at a high level in the years to come. Hubbard’s special focus in its genetic selection programme on feed efficiency and total meat output has led to a product range offering the best answers to the poultry industry to save feed costs on breeder and broiler level.
- The “Feedsaver” concept of the JV and F15 breeders saves about 15 per cent of feed to produce a broiler day-old chick compared to conventional breeders.
- All Hubbard broilers have an excellent Feed Conversion Ration (FCR). This allows customers to use less feed to produce 1kg of live broiler, 1kg of carcass or 1kg of total meat.
Hubbard Product Range
- Feedsaver concept: using the “mini” (or dwarf) breeder females, such as the Hubbard JV and F15, is a real economic alternative to conventional breeder females.
- Hubbard Classic: gains market share all around the world, not only in the hot(ter) climate regions but also the “fast food” type markets, thanks to its excellent breeder performances, fast broiler growth and good FCR.
- Hubbard Flex: now seen as the most feed efficient broiler in Brazil, the second largest market in the world. Hubbard is now supplying more than 15 per cent of the “free” Brazilian breeder market and the outlook for this year is already confirming a higher share.
- Hubbard H1: the best solution for the heavier broiler markets and for the total de-bone markets focusing on the highest total meat yield per broiler, including breast meat, legs and wings.
- Hubbard M99 breeder male: clearly the number one male of choice in the US. Many customers around the world have now discovered and recognised the positive traits of this excellent breeder male as.
- Hubbard Colour Range: covers the needs for high-end quality chicken meat markets and responds to the increasing consumers' demand for highest animal welfare standards and a drastic reduction in use of antibiotics.
Please come and visit Hubbard to discuss the best genetic solutions for your specific needs. You can meet the Hubbard team during VIV Europe on 20 to 22 May 2014 in Hall 11 Stand A034.
|ThePoultrySite News Desk||Read more Hubbard News here|