Poultry IT Seminar to Focus on New Technology, Project Management12 June 2014
US - The 2014 USPoultry Information Systems Seminar will take an in-depth look at emerging technology and project management solutions.
Sponsored by US Poultry & Egg Association (USPoultry), the Seminar will be held on 15 and 16 July at the DoubleTree Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
Programme committee chairman, Kendall Layman, of Cobb-Vantress, Inc. said: “Computers are found throughout every poultry operation. The programmes used to run these operations must be continuously enhanced and updated to maintain productivity and efficiency.
“This year’s agenda will provide valuable tools that information technology managers can apply immediately to their day-to-day work environment.”
The agenda will include:
- Agri Stats: Industry IT Overview
- Video System Management and Maintenance
- IT Staffing: Training and Retention Trends
- Product Recall/Traceability
- How Does IT Get A Seat At the Table To Get Management on Board?
- Office 365 ...A Year Late
- Software Licensing
- Electronic Truck Log System Management
- OS Update: Migrating from Windows XP
- Data Management/Reporting
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Options, and
- Emerging Technology.
The programme planning committee of information technology managers included Jason Rivera (USPOULTRY), Sim Harbert (Georgia Tech Research Institute), Mike Burruss (Tip Top Poultry), Alan Brownell (Case Farms LLC), Greg Whisenant (Case Farms) and Kendall Layman (Cobb-Vantress; Committee Chairman).
To register for the 2014 Information System Seminar, visit www.uspoultry.org/educationprograms/index.cfm#iss.
ThePoultrySite News Desk