US - The USPoultry Environmental Management Seminar and the National Poultry Waste Management Symposium are set to combine their efforts at the annual conference in Destin, Florida in September.
US Poultry & Egg Association’s Environmental Management Seminar and the National Poultry Waste Management Symposium have combined efforts to connect industry environmental managers with a comprehensive program that will keep them abreast of environmental management trends.
Sponsored by US Poultry & Egg Association, this year's conference will be held on 25 to 26 September at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Destin, Florida.
“Local and state compliance of environmental policies are essential to our continued growth. Environmental managers must arm themselves with emerging technologies and tools to address environmental issues arising from poultry production and processing. This is a great program with timely topics and speakers addressing the latest trends, technology and best practices for poultry industry environmental management,” said programme committee chairman, Dr Jim Britton, OK Foods, Inc.
The programme will include:
- A Top Management Perspective of Poultry Environmental Management
- Policy/Regulatory Update; Waters of the US
- A Wastewater Case Study
- Air Emissions: Scrubber Technology
- Clean Water Award Winners Plant Tours
- Non-Compliance Pitfalls
- Sustainability: Overview, How to Become Landfill Free, and Water Conservation and Re-Use
- International Environmental Update: Overview and A Case Study
- Stormwater Permitting Trends
- Energy: On-Farm Energy Recovery from Litter, Energy Recovery from Wastewater, and Energy Alternatives, and
- New Environmental Technology: Biogas Recovery Utilization and Phosphorus Traps for Stormwater Run-off Water.
Members of the program committee include: Art Riddick, Darling International; Michele Boney, West Liberty Foods LLC; Dr Brian Kiepper, University of Georgia; Roger Smith, American Proteins, Inc.; and Dr Claudia Dunkley, University of Georgia; Jeff Carroll, Perdue Farms, Inc.; Joseph Miller, Rose Acre Farms; James Faison, Mar-Jac Poultry, Inc; Dr Casey Ritz, University of Georgia; Jimmy Mardis, Tyson Foods, Inc.; Steven Woodruff, Woodruff & Howe Environmental Engineering, Inc; Dr Craig Coufal, Texas A&M University; Dr Jim Britton (committee chairman), OK Foods, Inc.; Stephen James, Pilgrim’s; Matt Hopkins, Tip Top Poultry; Russ Dickson, Wayne Farms LLC; and Eric Lindemann, Fieldale Farms Corporation.
To register for the Environmental Management Seminar, visit www.uspoultry.org/educationprograms/index.cfm#env
ThePoultrySite News Desk