UK - To celebrate Pancake Day today, 17 February, the egg-heads at British Lion eggs have created a new collection of international pancake recipes.
It is important to remember to look for eggs bearing the British Lion mark, which guarantees that they have been produced to the highest standards of food safety.
All Lion Quality eggs come from British hens vaccinated against Salmonella, are fully traceable and have a ‘best before’ date on the shell as a guarantee of freshness.
The pancake is about as versatile a dish as you can get. So this year try an experimental approach with our recipes from around the world and sample a traditional Korean recipe with kimchi, perhaps Japanese inspired pancakes using okonomiyaki sauce, or even Austrian 'Kaiserschmarrn' pancakes with caramelised apples and berry compote.
The recipes include:
• American buttermilk pancakes
• Austrian Kaiserschmarrn pancakes with caramelised apples and berry compote
• Moroccan Baghrir semolina pancakes
• Israeli potato pancakes
• Italian crespelle pancakes
• Korean Kimchi pancakes
• Russian blinis with horseradish, salmon and mackerel topping
• Japanese Okonomiyaki pancakes
In order to view the full recipe collection, click here.
ThePoultrySite News Desk