PORTUGAL - 'Continuous Improvement of Animal Care' will be the focus of the Business Analysis session at the International Egg Commission (IEC) Business Conference in April.
This is an area covering topics, both pertinent to, and requested by IEC members. During the session, delegates will hear from the following speakers:
- Sustainability of hen housing systems: findings from the Coalition for a Sustainable Egg Supply project - Dr Joy Mench, University of California-Davis, US
- Working together to beat influenza - Dr Christianne Bruschke, Chief Veterinary Officer, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Netherlands
- Best practice in monitoring and controlling highly pathogenic influenza - Eric Hubers, Chairman, Ovoned, Netherlands
- Amandio Santos - President, Portugal Foods
- The effects of globalisation in the egg processing industry - Sara Gibbins, Divisional Managing Director, Noble Egg Innovations
- The future of beak trimming in the EU - Mark Williams, Chief Executive Officer, British Egg Industry Council
- Potential solutions for male layer chicks - Frans van Sambeek, R&D Director Hendrix, Netherlands
- Male layer chicks and the economic impact - Peter van Horne, IEC Economic Analyst, Netherlands
For further details of the Programme and to register for the IEC Business Conference in Lisbon from 12 to 14 April, visit the IEC web site.
ThePoultrySite News Desk