Nutriad Inc Celebrates 50th Anniversary01 January 2015
US - In November 2013, Nutriad, Inc. celebrated its 50th anniversary as a company with friends, current and former employees, partners, venders and trade media.
Former employee, Mike Cody, and current President, Keith Klanderman, shared interesting presentations while the guests enjoyed local delicacies. Nutriad captain chairs, with the 50th anniversary logo on the back were presented to attendees. Everyone had a good time as local media interviewed some of those attending.
Nutriad was founded as Feed Flavors Incorporated, in the Northwestern part of Chicago, on 8 December 1963. The company grew strongly over the next nine years and became one of the top three animal feed flavouring companies in the world. To support its growing sales volume, it moved to the Wheeling, Illinois area in 1972.
In the years leading up to 2003, when it was purchased by the current organisation, the company led the way in its field with many unique innovations and important milestones, which were detailed during the gathering.
Some of the accomplishments discussed during the celebration included Feed Flavors being the first company to:
- use aluminium foiled-lined and heat-sealed Pre-Paks,
- establish a comprehensive swine flavour testing programme at Hastings Pork (called Customized Flavor Testing - CFT),
- develop Private Label products in five-pound Pre-Packs for on farm Grind and Mix
- develop a CFT for dairy and a Customer Preference Survey programme (CPS)
- exploit customised flavour product development,
- register an animal flavur product in the People's Republic of China in 1991 and
- establish a long term research and development programme call Taste and Olfaction Technologies 2000.
Over the years, the company also formed two other product platforms that were sold subsequently. The mould inhibitor, pellet binder and antioxidant products were eventually sold off to a company called Ag Research in 1982 and a direct feed microbial and silage inoculant platform under the name Xeroferm was sold in 1991.
Through it all, Nutriad Inc., as part of multi-national Nutriad and as Feed Flavors, has been a global leader.
Mr Klanderman said: “Today, Nutriad Inc. continues as a very strong feed additive force for innovation and collaboration.
“The customers we serve have honoured us with their business and we continue to look to the future with a vision and commitment that focuses on being the best in our field.
“We believe that our company will continue to succeed in the next 50 years and will continue the legacy that it firmly established in the first 50 years.”