US - The US Poultry & Egg Association (USPOULTRY) will be holding a live webinar in September, discussing a variety of poultry farm management issues.
The seminar will address the latest management techniques, husbandry and technology to enhance the health and welfare of the bird.
The seminar will also address timely biosecurity measures to combat the potential spread of avian influenza into the fall season.
It will be held on 15-16 September 2015, at the DoubleTree Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
This year’s agenda will address the following topics:
- Disease Update: What’s Happening Around the Country?
- Veterinary Feed Directive: What’s a Manager Going to Have to Do?
- Antibiotic Free - Is it Sustainable?
- Antibiotic Free - Impact on Density/7-Day Mortality
- Legal Review for Live Production/Animal Welfare
- Gaps in MS Biosecurity Audits
- Bacterial Chondronecrosis and Osteomyelitis (BCO)/Leg Problems
- New Technology - Housing/Fans
- New Technology - Light Intensity
- Avian Influenza - Where Did It Come From, How Did It Spread?
- Avian Influenza - Biosecurity... Back to Basics/Preparing for the Fall Season
- Avian Influenza - Euthanasia/Disposal
- Avian Influenza - Vaccination: Pros and Cons
The seminar agenda was developed by a program committee of live production managers and poultry health professionals, including Eric Greene, from Claxton Poultry Farms, Inc.; Henry Welch, from Peco Foods, Inc.; and Dr John Smith, from Fieldale Farms Corporation.
To register for the webinar, click here.
ThePoultrySite News Desk
Top image via Shutterstock