US - This year’s Poultry Protein & Fat Seminar will provide technical tools, management best practices and practical case studies in all phases of the rendering process.
Sponsored by USPOULTRY and the Poultry Protein & Fat Council, the seminar will be held on October 1-2, at the DoubleTree Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
Rendering managers aim to provide safe, high quality by-products while achieving high productivity.
“Safety and sustainability in the rendering plant is a goal for which all rendering managers strive.
"The tools provided at this year’s seminar will equip managers with information for basic housekeeping, biosecurity best practices, hazard analysis and equipment management,” said programme committee chairman Jonathan Green, American Proteins, Inc.
The programme will include the following topics:
- Council Report;
- Food Safety Modernisation Act and Third Party Audits;
- Rendered Product: End Uses and Quality;
- Rendered Product: Economics;
- Avian Influenza Biosecurity Response: Cleaning and Disinfecting;
- Composting: A Rendering Alternative;
- Evaporator Advantages and Cost Comparisons;
- Employee Engagement and Retention;
- Odour Abatement: Thermal Oxidation, Biofilters, and Wet Scrubbers;
- A Pet Food Plant Virtual Tour;
- Safety in the Rendering Plant;
- and Rendering Equipment Basic Operating Principles: Centrifuge, Lamella Pumps, and Press.
To register for the Poultry Protein & Fat Seminar, click here.ThePoultrySite News Desk