Golden Comb Awards Presented in South Africa24 August 2015
SOUTH AFRICA - The annual Golden Comb Awards, to honour Cobb customers by recognizing outstanding achievements in broiler, hatchery and breeder performance, has become one of the biggest events in the calendar of the South African poultry industry.
In announcing the awards based on data from all over South Africa, Theo Bezuidenhout, technical and sales manager of Cobb South Africa, highlighted the notable increase in demand for Cobb over the last 15 years – thanking the loyal customers for their continuous support.
He said that both parent stock and broiler results had improved again year on year, emphasising that Cobb is ‘the most balanced breed in the market’.
The Golden Comb Award winners for the 2014 financial year are:
- Best Breeder Flock Performance under 15,000 pullets – Sterkfontein Poultry
- Best Breeder Flock Performance over 15 000 pullets – Koster Breeders
- Hatcheries producing less than 250 000 chicks per week – Caledon Hatchery
- Hatcheries producing over 250,000 chicks per week – Eagles Pride Group
- Best Broiler Performance under 300 000 broilers per cycle – Pirates cycle 126 for Sovereign Foods
- Best Broiler Performance over 300 000 broilers per cycle – Loerie cycle 122 for Sovereign Foods
The event took place at Menlyn, Pretoria, where the talented acapella group, Navi Redd, kept the guests entertained.
|ThePoultrySite News Desk||Read more Cobb News here|