US - The 50th National Meeting on Poultry Health, Processing, and Live Production is scheduled for October 12-14 in Ocean City, Maryland.
The meeting has had several different names over the years, but always has the same goal of providing information to help provide consumers with the best quality chicken, and is sponsored by Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. (DPI).
Planned by DPI’s Poultry Health Committee in combination with others in the industry, the meeting is expected to attract close to 400 people.
Details and registration material are available through www.dpichicken.org.
Below is the line-up of topics.
Combined Session for Poultry Health and Processing Personnel - October 13
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza: Federal Response and Outcomes
- HPAI: Epidemiology
- HPAI: Trade Impacts and Outlook
- HPAI: Regional Response
- HPAI: Industry Response
- HPAI: The Role of Wildlife
- HPAI: Research and Vaccine Development
Poultry Health Sessions - October 13 and 14
- IBV: Respiratory Disease Economics and Delmarva Update
- IBV: Field Observations of Nephropathogenic Bronchitis
- IBV: Research and Virus Characterization
- MS Outbreak in Georgia: Regional Approach
- MS Outbreak in Georgia: Industry Experience
Processing Session - October 13
- Federal Legislative and Regulatory Updates
- FSIS Policy Update
- HPAI – Processing Perspective
- Woody Breast Syndrome
- Woody Breast and Tenderness Issues
- Using Whole Genomic Sequencing as an Epidemiologic Aid
Combined Session for Poultry Health and Live Production Personnel - October 14
- US Food Supply Safety and the Use of Modern Technology in Further Improvements
- Consumer Confidence in the Food Supply: What Really Matters?
- Removing Antibiotics from Chicken Production
Poultry Health Session Wednesday - October 14
- FDA’s Judicious Use Policy – A Major Change in Antibiotic Regulation
- Evaluating Alternatives to Antibiotics Live Production Session October 14
- Reducing Broiler Stress
- Strategies for Managing Litter Cake
- Current on-farm Biosecurity Implementation
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Update
- Delmarva Broiler Health Update
- Animal Rights – Undercover Videos – Expert Panels Respond