MSD Animal Health to Present Data on Poultry Respiratory Disease Control at WVPAC01 September 2015
SOUTH AFRICA - MSD Animal Health (known as Merck Animal Health in the United States and Canada) today announced it will be a Diamond Sponsor of the 19th World Veterinary Poultry Association Congress (WVPAC), taking place in Cape Town, South Africa from September 7-11.
As well as presenting data on new vaccines (NOBILIS® Primo QX and INNOVAX® range of products), the company will hold a satellite symposium at the Congress focusing on the control of poultry respiratory disease.
“MSD Animal Health is committed to improving the health and performance of poultry,” said William Vaughn, Global Marketing Director for the company.
“Respiratory disease is a significant concern for the poultry industry, so we are pleased to take part in the World Veterinary Poultry Association Congress and provide producers with important information that can help them protect their flocks.”
In addition to more than 10 presentations, MSD Animal Health will highlight important data related to INNOVAX®-ND-ILT, a vector vaccine soon to be available for protecting poultry against infectious laryngotracheitis, as well as Newcastle disease and Marek’s disease:
- Recombinant vaccine effectiveness against ND problems in layers in highly ND challenged area. Husam Bakri, MSD Animal Health Scientific Affairs Wednesday, September 9, 2016, 14:00-14:15 ; Meeting Room 1.6
- Double recombinant HVT-based vaccine for simultaneous protection against Newcastle disease, Marek’s disease and infectious laryngotracheitis. Ian Tarpey, MSD Animal Health, Biology & Discovery Wednesday, September 9, 2016, 16:30-16:45; Meeting Room 1.6
At WVPAC, MSD Animal Health will also convene six of the world’s top experts on the subject for a symposium on poultry respiratory disease control, with discussion being driven by live questions from attendees.
The symposium will be held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on September 9 from 17:00-19:00. Congress attendees can contact their local MSD Animal Health representative for more information.
Expert panellists at the symposium will include:
- Dr Jane Cook, Researcher, Institute for Animal Health, Houghton Laboratory
- Dr Richard Currie, President, x-OvO Limited
- Dr Sjaak de Wit, Senior Scientist, GD Animal Health Service
- Dr Mark Jackwood, Department Head, Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center, University of Georgia
- Dr Ian Tarpey, Head of Global Poultry R&D and Global Discovery & Technology, MSD Animal Health
- Dr Guillermo Zavala, Founder, Avian Health International
To help more producers improve the performance of their flocks, a limited number of Congress attendees will also be invited to Step Up to Solutions by visiting the top level of MSD Animal Health’s two-story booth, where they can have one-on-one discussions with experts in the poultry industry.
Attendees who are interested in attending Step Up to Solutions should contact their local MSD Animal Health sales representative or visit the MSD Animal Health booth #8. For more information on WVPAC 2015, visit http://www.wvpac2015.com.
|ThePoultrySite News Desk||More Merck Animal Health News|