Novus International to Present Abstracts at PSA Annual Meeting16 July 2015
US - Novus researchers will present six technical abstracts at the 2015 Poultry Science Association (PSA) annual meeting in Louisville, Kentucky.
This event acts as an incubator for academics, scientists and technical professionals to gather and present solutions in the animal feed industry.
The discussions, symposia and presentations held during the event will revolve around ways to improve chicken flock nutrition, profitability and production.
Novus’s oral presentation schedule kicks-off on Wednesday, July 29, at 11:30 AM with Dr. Juxing Chen, Structure-Function Biology Manager at Novus, leading a discussion entitled Identification of biomarkers for footpad dermatitis development and wound healing.
Additional presentations are scheduled as follows:
- ORAL PRESENTATION: Evaluation of a thermostable xylanase dose response in broilers fed corn soybean meal-based diets.(Thursday, July 30, 9:00 AM)
- ORAL PRESENTATION: Effect of trace minerals on wound healing of footpad dermatitis in broilers. (Thursday, July 30, 2:00 PM)
- POSTER: The effect of combining microbial phytase and protease on performance of broiler chicks fed diets containing reduced levels of available phosphorus, amino acids and energy. (Thursday, July 30, 5:00 PM)
- POSTER: Feed Additives: Chemical modification of essential oils as an alternative to encapsulation. (Thursday, July 30, 5:00 PM)
- POSTER: Processing and Products: White striping and woody breast: Effect on raw broiler breast fillet quality. (Thursday, July 30, 6:00 PM)
A longtime supporter of the PSA and the scientific community as a whole, Novus is demonstrating that support with a Gold-level event sponsorship.
In addition, Novus is continuing its annual tradition of honouring the work of an outstanding teacher and an outstanding scholar for their efforts and commitment to the poultry industry, both in and outside the classroom. More information on the recipients will be released at a later date.
Following the event, the abstracts will be made available at www.novusint.com.
For a complete listing of Novus events during PSA 2015, visit www.novusint.com/Events/psa2015.
The full PSA program agenda can be found through the PSA website.ThePoultrySite News Desk