Ceva Gets European Commission Go Ahead to Acquire Merial Assets From Boehringer Ingleheim15 November 2016
EU - The European Commission has given its approval for the transfer to Ceva Santé Animale of nine products developed and currently marketed by Merial.
The acquisition will allow Ceva to reinforce its growing presence in swine vaccines and develop its range of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory products.
To clear the way for the the acquisition of Merial animal health, from its parent company, Sanofi, Boehringer Ingelheim agreed to transfer a number of products, as well as the associated intellectual property rights, manufacturing process and R&D activity to Ceva.
For Dr Marc Prikazsky, President and CEO of the Ceva Group: "I am very pleased that Boehringer Ingelheim chose to transfer the production and marketing of these Merial assets to Ceva. Through these products, we will inherit part of the scientific knowhow of Pasteur, Rhône-Mérieux and Merial that we will integrate into our biology business to complete the strong Hungarian heritage of our Ceva Phylaxia plant. I am proud that the European Commission has estimated that Ceva has the industrial and commercial skills to transfer and develop these ranges and accelerate development of both the biology and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory products."
Ceva will therefore gain significant share in swine biology with the addition of 4 Merial vaccines:
- Circovac® vaccine against Porcine Circovirus type 2 (outside US)
- Progressis® vaccine against Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS)
- Parvovax® vaccine against Porcine Parvovirus
- Parvoruvax® vaccine against Erysipelas and against Porcine Parvovirus
This acquisition includes as well the bovine vaccine Mucosiffa® and 4 non steroids anti-inflammatories:
- Equioxx® for horse (outside US)
- Genixine® for horse, bovine and swine
- Ketofen® 1 per cent injection and tablets for dogs and cats (outside Canada)
- Ketofen® 10 per cent injection horse, bovine and swine (outside Canada)
|ThePoultrySite News Desk||Read more Ceva News here|