Left-Over Turkey Tetrazzini
Left Over Turkey TetrazziniFrom ThePoultrySite.com kitchen
Wondering what to do with those piles of leftover turkey from Christmas? Well here is ThePoultrySite's delicious answer.
|Apologies, we didn't get to take any photos whilst preparing this dish.|
Ingredients (serves 4 as a main meal)1 chopped onion
35g of fresh mushrooms
60ml each of flour & margarine
250ml of milk
250ml of chicken broth
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp dried whole tarragon
1/4 tsp pepper
a dash of ground nutmeg
1kg of cooked spaghetti
1kg of turkey, cooked/chopped
50g of grated cheddar cheese
- Saute onion and mushrooms in margarine until caramelised.
- Add flour whilst stirring contents. Cook for one minute.
- Gradually add milk and chicken broth a ladel full at a time
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add parsley, tarragon, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in spaghetti, turkey, and half of the cheese, mixing well
- Pour into a greased casserole dish and cook at 180 degrees centigrade for half an hour.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, and pepper strips.