ThePoultrySite Recipe Section
Smoked Chicken and Brie Fusilli
Fry the ingredients in a large solid bottomed pan
Add the creme fraiche and brie and bring to a simmer
Add the cooked pasta and stir well
Place in dish, top with cheeses and brown under grill
Ingredients (serves 3-4)1 Large smoked chicken breast
500g (18oz) Pasta of choice
400g (14oz) Sour cream or creme fraiche
100g (4oz) Brie, chopped
1 small onion
1 small red onion
3 Cloves of garlic
1 tbls Soy sauce
Grated cheddar cheese Grated parmesan
Preparation1. Chop the smoked chicken breast finely.
2. Chop the two onions roughly.
3. Peel the garlic and crush in crusher.
Cooking4. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add a tablespoon of olive oil to the water then add the pasta. Tricolor fusilli (pasta twirls) are ideal for this meal. Cook pasta as per instructions.
5. While the pasta is cooking, in a solid bottomed pan, fry the onion and crushed garlic for a few mins in some olive oil and the soy sauce.
6. Add the chopped chicken to the pan and fry for a further 2 mins.
7. Stir in the creme fraiche then add the brie pieces and bring to a slow simmer stirring all the time.
8. Drain the cooked pasta and mix with chicken sauce.
9. Pour into a large dish, top with the cheddar cheese, sprinkle some parmesan on top and place under the grill for a few minutes to brown the topping.