converting website visitors

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

USDA International Egg and Poultry


30 January 2013

USDA International Egg and Poultry - 30 January 2013USDA International Egg and Poultry - 30 January 2013


USDA International Egg and Poultry

Outlook for Poultry Meat Production

OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook projects world poultry meat production grow from 99,047 thousand metric tons (TMT) in 2010 to 124,368 TMT in 2020, an increase of 25%. Poultry meat production is expect to increase 4% in the EU-27, 16% in the U.S., 28% in Brazil and 37% in China between 2010 and 2020. In 2017 China will surpass the U.S. as the world’s largest poultry meat producer.

Poultry Meat Production, Select Countries

World poultry meat exports are projected to increase from 11,332 TMT in 2010 to 13,426 TMT in 2020, an increase of 26%. Exports are projected to increase 4% in the EU-27, 16% in the U.S. and 28% in Brazil. In Thailand, exports are projected to grow from 99,047 TMT in 2010 to 124,368 TMT in 2020, an increase of 55%.

Poultry Meat Exports, Select Countries

Poultry meat imports are projected to grow 43% in Saudi Arabia, 7% in the EU-27, and 37% in Vietnam between 2020 and 2020. After dropping in 2011, imports are expected to recover and end up 49% higher in China in 2021 when compared to 2012.

Poultry Meat Imports, Select Countries

World poultry meat consumption is growing at a faster rate than other meats, increasing 11% from 2012 to 2021. Per capita poultry meat consumption is projected to grow 11% and total poultry meat consumption is expected to increase 22%.

cwe = carcass weight equivalent; rtc = ready-to-cook

Per capita meat consumption varies widely by country. Per capita poultry meat consumption in India was only 2.01 kg for 2012, and is projected to reach 2.76 kg by 2021, an increase of 37%. The population of India in 2012 was 1.205 billion and projected to increase by 11% and total 1.388 billion by 2021. China’s poultry meat consumption is expected to increase 28% between 2012 and 2021 and China’s population is expected to grow from 1.343 billion to 1.388 billion during the same period.

Poultry Meat (rtc): Per Capita Consumption in kg

Data Source: OECD-Agricultural Outlook © OECD
http://www.oecd.org/

World population is projected to reach 1.7 billion in 2021, up 10% from 2012 (7.0 billion). Population growth will be strong in Nigeria, increasing 25% while population growth in China is projected to increase by 3%.

Midyear Population for Select Countries

Data Source: www.census.gov/population/international/

January 2013

DOWNLOAD REPORT:- Download this report here

Our Sponsors

Partners


Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management