US - To assist the poultry industry in preparing for potential future exposure to highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI), an 'Avian Influenza Outbreak…Lessons Learned' Conference has been scheduled for July.
The conference will take place on 28-29 July 2015, at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown in Des Moines, Iowa.
Registration for the conference is free to qualified stakeholders of the poultry industry. In order to facilitate open, frank discussion, the conference will be closed to media. To maximise broad industry participation, the number of registrations will be limited per company or organisation.
The conference agenda was developed through the collaboration of the National Chicken Council, National Turkey Federation, United Egg Producers, USA Poultry & Egg Export Council, US Department of Agriculture, and US Poultry & Egg Association.
The conference will address the following topics:
- H5N2 Outbreak: Where Are We… Where Are We Going?
- HPAI Epidemiological Investigations: Biosecurity’s Role in Disease Prevention
- Industry Biosecurity Challenges
- Accountability for Biosecurity
- Indemnity Process and Procedures
- Communication: Effective Customer Communications, State Agencies, and Federal Agency Stakeholder Communication
- Producer Panel: Lessons Learned
- Research Update Panel: Vaccination, Epidemiology of the Virus, and Disease Transmission
- Biosecurity for Feed
- After the Outbreak: Disposal and Depopulation Methods, Cleaning and Disinfecting, and RePopulation
- Gaps and Opportunities – Open Discussion
- Actions Items for the Fall Season
- Impact on Trade: Implication of Response Activities on Trade, Interstate Poultry Movement, and International
To register to attend the “Avian Influenza Outbreak…Lessons Learned” Conference, click here.
ThePoultrySite News Desk
Top image via Shutterstock