Retailers Flock To Promote Quality-Assured Chicken

IRELAND - About 400 retail outlets are taking part in a nationwide campaign to encourage consumers to look for the Bord Bia quality mark when buying chicken.
calendar icon 28 August 2007
clock icon 2 minute read

The poultry industry, along with Bord Bia, yesterday launched the inaugural campaign to increase public awareness of the quality assurance scheme.

A recent Bord Bia tracking study undertaken by Milward Brown IMS with 1,200 grocery shoppers showed that origin is a major influence when it comes to buying chicken.

Eight out of 10 shoppers surveyed indicated a preference for chicken with the Bord Bia quality mark.

The Irish consumer on average will eat 29kg of chicken a year.

About 65% of all chicken is purchased at retail level with the remaining 35% consumed in the food service sector.

Source: Irish Examiner.com
© 2000 - 2022 - Global Ag Media. All Rights Reserved | No part of this site may be reproduced without permission.