HKScan Completes Egg Business Sale

FINLAND - Finnish based meat and poultry processor HKScan has closed the sale of its Estonian egg business and has established a minority holding in Finnish chicken hatchery.
calendar icon 9 April 2015
clock icon 2 minute read

In December last year, HKScan announced plans to sell its Estonian egg business, OÜ Koks Munatootmine, to DAVA Foods Holding A/S of Denmark.

The deal was approved by the competition authorities and was finalised at teh end of last month.

Another deal also announced in December was completed at the same time, when HKScan Finland and DanHatch AS of Denmark agreed to sell HKScan Finland’s hatchery business and related real estate assets to DanHatch Finland, an associate co-owned by the two companies.

HKScan Finland holds a 20 per cent minority stake in the company and DanHatch owns the remaining 80 per cent.

© 2000 - 2024 - Global Ag Media. All Rights Reserved | No part of this site may be reproduced without permission.