EPA Meets Farmers over Discharge Restrictions

US - Officials from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) attended three meetings last week to answer questions from the agricultural community about the new federal regulations regarding Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). Farmers with more than 37,500 birds may have to submit a Notice of Intent by 27 February.
calendar icon 18 February 2009
clock icon 2 minute read
© 2000 - 2024 - Global Ag Media. All Rights Reserved | No part of this site may be reproduced without permission.